Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Longest Book!

Well, I finally finished Memoires of Cleopatra. It was the LONGEST book! But it was pretty good, and I would recommend it to anyone. However, it is not for the faint of heart. I started reading it before Christmas. That makes it about 4 full months worth of serious reading. I was suprized to find how much of the fictional recreation is based in fact. (Margaret George is good at recounting her studies and letting the reader know what nuggets of history to take away from her stories.) All in all, it was a wonderful read--and a nice respite from Tudor England, which for the last two years has seemed the only thing that could really capture my imagination. Who will be next? Some other famous female ruler? No. I think I'm going to take something a little lighter hearted on....Maybe the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home